Army wife quilter

August 23, 2012

The hole stink and nothing but the stink.

*** update one picture shows the trap door closed. You know what that means.

WE GOT ONE!!!!!

This week has been full of stinky business. Tuesday morning my hubby opened the front door to a very noisy very big skunk. It sat and stared at him. Eventually it wandered off.

Later that night I left my car windows down and went out to close them. I came face to face with a small skunk. This little critter I say chased but in reality just followed my sent to my front door.

Non the less it freaked me out. I came in the house as fast as humanly possible. Everybody in the house heard me because I kind of used a colorful word or two. They laughed and said that is not a skunk. Well my husband said just go out. I said look. He looked and well the skunk was sitting on the porch. Noway was I going out now. After we watched the skunk play around in the yard for 15 minutes, my hubby went out and I kept a look out for the skunk.

So now to the pictures. Animal control put out a trap this morning. We have more than one skunk. They are tearing up the yard. The drought is driving them out of the forest and well I have kept my yard green so they see my yard as a food source.

Hopefully the skunks will safely by left some place else.

I just want to say something about the title. The "hole" refers to the picture of holes in my yard. Just in case you say she spelled that wrong. I thought is was a cute play on words. Hope people get it.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.