Army wife quilter

April 25, 2011

It was a hard crash

Over the weekend something terrible happened.  My computer crashed.  #$%^  Hum!  I am sad.  Thankfully we purchased a external drive the week before and I removed all my photos and put it on the external hard drive.  The only thing that is really important, that I am sad about, is that I can't retrieve all my addresses of all my friends and family.  Now that really sucks.  I don't have a old fashion address book.  Can you say duh! Or to quote charlie sheen "Not winning"

Computers are great they hold tons of information.  It is all at your finger tips.  However, it does give you a false sense of security.  It is going to be difficult to get some of these addresses because the phone numbers where also lost.  Email address as well.  What to do?  I can try facebook and ask my friends to send the info.  Yet some of those friends are not on facebook.  Well You know I am going right out to get the old fashion phone book today.

I did order a new computer on "aafees".  Yeah no sales tax.  I just have to be patient for it to get here.  In the mean time I am using my husbands computer.  Thank you Hubby.  I love you.

I should not be too sad about the computer it was 6 years old and very slow.  Now out with the old and in with the new and the old fashion phone book.  Bye.

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling. My son always tells me to backup everything--sometimes it doesn't always happen. Hope you enjoy your new computer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.