Army wife quilter

December 31, 2015

Shark Quilt for Christmas

I made this "Awesome" Shark Quilt for my son for Christmas. I had not made this big of a quilt for a while.  It was time I got back to making quilts. It turned out great.

It was a total surprise to him. He had been asking for one for a long time. I worked on it when he was at school.  I put it on the quilt frame and had it quilted and off before he even knew it was on the frame.


I used plain blue flannel for the back. It is super warm. It needed to be his room is in the basement. 
I found a picture on line about two years ago. I had been  putting it off.  The time finally came and well I believe it worked out so well I need to give my self a round of applause.


I believe he is the coolest shark ever.


1 comment:

  1. Exactly what I was looking for.I made a denim quilt for my 4 y/o grandson, and put a spider web with a giant felted spider on it.Him: "You didn't scare me Grammy!" And I immediately thought about doing a shark with big teeth and his mouth wide open. And here it is. Perfect! Must be it was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.