Army wife quilter

November 15, 2015

Our new family tradition


We are starting a new tradition in our home.  This year The Elf on the Shelf will be part of my girls Christmas.  I was able to pick up this girl at the Military Exchange for a song.  $12.57. The girls named her "Ornament". We registered her online so she will officially start her mission right after Thanksgiving.


The girls insisted on Ornament having clothes.  I made these four skirts so she will be fashionable.  I know that I will make some more clothes as I attempt to find creative ways for the girls find her through the holidays.  

Last year my neighbor had an elf and the girls would come home everyday and tell me where the elf was found.  I hope that they will enjoy finding her this year.

I am super happy that they have many great ideas on Pinterest to help me when I am running out of creative ideas.

This should be a fun experience. May the holidays begin.

P.S. Is it bad that I put up my Christmas lights a few days early.  It was the warmest day for the next two weeks and I didn't want to stand out in the cold to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.