Last week I made a ACU skirt out of my husband old ACU Pants. This week I had to have a matching purse. I made this out of his old ACU shirt. I found this cool Army fabric in Spokane WA at the quilts show and decided this is the project to use it with.
This is my skirt.
See how nicely the purse will match the skirt.
I can't really tell you how I made this. I confess I did not use a conventional pattern. I basically unpicked the entire shirt and then reassembled it. I did most of the steps backwards. for example I put the front and back pieces and zipper in to match the front of what the shirt actually looks like first before I put the sides together. Then I put the lining pieces in one at a time. Usually you would make the lining and then sew it to the purse. I totally didn't do that either. Then I had it half way assembled and decided I had to have the handle in before I could sew the rest together. I was not sure it would all come together. But funny it did and their is only one mistake and unless you know what to look for you will never find it. The next few pictures are of the inside.
I love pockets. Every purse that I have made I have tried to put in as many pockets as I can.
This is just a view inside from the outside.
This Zipper is like the way you would see the ACU shirt except I put the army fabric under neath. Cool huh! So when you close the purse it looks like the front of the ACU shirt, in a manner of speaking. The other pocket on the front is from the left over from the pants. It is bigger than I planned, but since I didn't plan very well when making this I guess It is OK.