Army wife quilter

November 18, 2010

The stockings were hung by the chimney


I love that I finally finished making stockings for all the members of my family.  It has taken years.  I would like to share them with you.  I made the last three this week.  Mom, Dad, and JJ were made from patterns by Patrick Lose, you can find the patterns in the Fons & Porter's Quilting Celebration magazine or visit his web site here.  Max, Alex, Emma, & Kira's were made by adapting various patternsYes the last three are not as cute as the younger kids and smaller.  But they are done and that is all that matters to me. 
 Dad
 Mom
 JJ
 Max
 Alex
 Emma
Kira.

Merry Christmas

Beyond The Picket FencePhotobucketmonogramThe Girl Creative Keeping It SimplePhotobucket





Creations by Kara







3 comments:

  1. Great job! I am contemplating making my stockings as well this year! Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing!
    www.theivycottageblog.blogspot.com
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, where are all your comments. These are AWESOME, maybe your picture doesn't do it justice. You should choose a pic of just one single stocking, like Kira's or Alex's, those are AWESOME!!!!

    I just have to FEATURE these, so come grab a button, and watch for the FEATURE coming up. :)

    Thanks for linking to my parties!!!

    Oh and you saw my giveaway is coming soon right? You won't want to miss it, there are like SEVEN gifts up for grabs girl. It's going to be HUGE!!!

    Thanks again,

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley, I wanted to tell you I FEATURED your BEAUTIFUL stockings today. I loved them soooo much. Quilting is your canvas, and you are so good at it, I only wish others could appreciate your talent as much as I do. I love ya girl.

    Thanks for always supporting me at my party *Amaze me AUgust**, I really LOVE having you.

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.