Army wife quilter

April 17, 2014

Moving is so much _________ ?

Moving is so much _________ ? You can use your own imagination with that one.

Well my husband job location has changed again.  We call that in the Army a PCS or permanent change of station.  This has been an adventure to say the least.  We were living at JBLM or Joint Base Lewis Mccord in Tacoma WA.  We lived here for 15 months.  In April we drove three vehicles across country to New York.  It was a long 6 days.  We now reside uncomfortablely in a Homewood Suites.

The Homewood is uncomfortable because we will be living here until we can move into base housing which is in about 5 weeks.  Thus uncomfortable because 6 people in a suite for 5 week.  Need I say more.

This is the 10th move for us in 18 Years.  I always thought that moving gets easier as time goes by or by the next time I will have this down and it should be easy right !?!  That is not true.  Moving is hard and comes with a different set of challenges every time.

With all the car troubles, traveling so far away, having to wait a long time for housing and not being settled yet is more than I would have thought could happen in a move.  But "first time for every thing right?"

I am confident that as we get settled and the kids get back into school things will get better.  I am looking forward to the great big house that we are pre leased for on base.  I just need to get into it and get back to my normal routine.

Wish us luck.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.