Army wife quilter

October 5, 2012

The only Pumpkin I could grow

 I grew pumpkins last year and I only got two.  I thought this year would be different.  New place and the weather is different.  But no.  I got this big vine to grow.  It stretches about twenty feet from the garden box.  
You can see that I have a few small pumpkins.  They are about the size of a grapefruit.  I have one the size of a basketball.  That is the only one.  I have had about twenty possible grapefruit size but they get to grapefruit size than stop growing and die.  I give up I can't grow pumpkins.  
Well we will be someplace different next fall maybe I can try again.

1 comment:

  1. Ah well, one pumpkin is better than none, right? Does the area get a lot of sun? We always had the lots of green stuff, not much fruiting issue at our old (wooded) house. Looking forward to gardening with sunlight next spring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.