Army wife quilter

October 24, 2012

Seat belt pillows for the big move



I saw this cool seat belt pillow on Pinterest the other day.  Of course I had to pin it.  I also had to make some for my kids.  You see, even though we moved in April from TX to MO, we are moving to WA in a couple of weeks.  Thanks to the Army.  It is almost a 2100 mile trip.  That means at least 4 to 6 days in the car, depending on the weather.  I felt these would become a necessity.  So far I have made two red and one blue.
I didn't find a tutorial so I just made it the way I would like it
to work.  All I did was cut two pieces of fleece 12 X 24.  I sewed the soft Velcro down one longer side.  Than I put the two pieces right sides together and sewed all around leaving an opening on the longer side about four inches.  Then I marked the middle and sewed down leaving an opening about four inches across form the other opening.  I then stuffed with fiber fill.  I then sewed the center opening.  Then I pined the prickly Velcro on the same side as other Velcro just opposite side.  Sewing it down at the same time closing the last opening.   Then put it on the seat belt.  East as pie. Let the moving begin.


linked too:
http://www.firefliesandjellybeans.com/2012/10/show-off-your-stuff-party-150.html
http://www.houseofhepworths.com/2012/10/24/hookin-up-with-hoh-122/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.