Army wife quilter

May 9, 2012

The hardest move ever

We are finally unpacked and trying to have a normal schedule.  My kids are adjusting well.  I have just about set up my craft room the way I would like it.  Wow does that seem like every thing has gone like clock work.  That would be deceiving, it's by far been the hardest move ever.  So many things have gone wrong. 

It started the day we arrived in Missouri.  30 miles from the main gate the transmission in our truck died.  That costs about $4000 with towing fees and a new transmission.  Yikes!!! By the way it is still acting funny.

The day we moved in to our house we started noticing that we had new Marks on our ankles and they itched bad.  Well can you guess what it was FLEAS.  Yes the previous tenants had animals and they had these ugly bugs.  The housing people saw them and then sprayed.  The next day we moved in.  If any of you have had problems with these bugs you know it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get rid of them.  You have to vacuum, vacuum, vacuum your house to get the fleas out.  They just don't die.  When all the eggs have hatched its over.  The spraying only keep them from continuing to lay eggs.  Not knowing what was going on about the third day I saw them crawling everywhere.  I approach housing and they didn't know that they had a problem.  Well the end results where they have spent the last three weeks sending someone everyday to vacuum my house they have sprayed twice and I believe next week we will get our carpets cleaned again.  But the scares I and my five year old have are to many to count.  We discovered they like us and they bit us all over not just the ankles.

A couple of days in to being here.  We where rear ended in the burger king drive thru.  The young kid who hit us was smoking, and dropped his cigarette and was burning his unmentionables.  Serves him right.  The only person who got hurt was my husband.  he is having back and neck problems. The rest of us where fine.

So last about a week into the kids new school experience my high school child got his transfer grades from the TX school.  OMG they were bad.  The school only calculated the grades from the last 3 weeks he was at the school.  They were not even going to give him credit for the first 6 weeks grade period.  We finally fixed that and now he is good.

All of these things aside I think things are starting to get better.  My hubby started his school the kids have 2 weeks of school left and I can sew. 

We have about 6 to 9 months here and then well we do it all over again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, sorry about all the stuff that comes with moving! I hope it's smooth sailing from here on out. I also hope your husband's neck/back problems get better. I was in a car accident 12 years ago and I just now saw a Chiropractor for the damage that was done then. I wish I had known that was available to me then. My neck finally feels better!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.