Army wife quilter

September 6, 2010

Got Mammogram?


I will be 40 years old in Nov.  Next month is Breast Cancer awarness month so that means today I am going for my second Mammogram ever.  The first one was when I was 23 years old.  All was good.  However, we have had 3 women in our family with Breast Cancer.  The lastest was almost 2 years ago.  My at the time 28 year old cousin, she had a double mastectomy.  She is doing fine now.  I was going to go get one this time 2 years ago when I found out I was pregnant with our last child.  So now that I am all dried up.  OUCH!  This has been a long painful week.  I am going in 2 hours to get a baseline Mammogram.  If you have been putting it off "DON'T" early detection is key.  Love your "GIRLS" have them checked out.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the reminder. I've been putting it off. I will be making an appointment soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.