Army wife quilter

May 15, 2010

Taco's anyone

OK!  So We love Tacos in my family.  My grandma has handed down her family recipe of taco's and my family loves them.  In fact when my mother was growing up Friday night was taco night at the Hartline's.  My grandmother would make them every Friday.  My mom didn't make them weekly but we had them often enough that it became a favorite of mine.  Well I make them at least once a month and sometimes twice.  Love them.   I made them last night, so I will share the recipe with you.

Fried Tacos



Corn Tortillas  I usually get package of 30
3 Lbs ground beef
1 medium potato graded
2  - 3 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp thyme
1 4 oz can tomato sauce
oil

OK so in a large pot put all the ground beef, vinegar, tomato sauce, thyme, and graded potato. stir together.  cook at med heat till done.   stirring occasionally.  Heat 3 to 4 tbsp of oil in cast iron skillet.  Scoop meat into tortilla and fry on both side, Like this.  It splatters and makes a big mess so be warned protect your self and don't let the kids stand close.  Them meat when it touches the oil spits oil everywhere and man it hurts.   





Makes about 30.  add lettuce, cheese, tomatoes etc.  whatever you like on your taco's and enjoy.

I am linked to Sumo Sweet Stuff 

Keeping It SimpleThe Girl Creative







DIY Day @ ASPTL
BWS tips buttonShow and Tell Green


Get your craft on Thurs.

11 comments:

  1. Yum! I fry the shells for my tacos, so I've never done them this way, but you bet I'm gonna try it now! Potatoes, thyme and vinegar? Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Sister Sister, your tacos look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should make some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! Oh what a great DIY project. You are one clever and crafty girl.

    I just finished a project that took 23 years to complete.
    Come take a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look yummy!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new Tuesday Follower! Your site is so cute! To find some great deals and Freebies Visit me at http://www.rockindeals4you.com/?p=3784 and sign up for my newest giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I made these for supper and they were delicious! (I did add cumin to the recipe). I cut the recipe in half since it's just husband & I. Thanks so much for the recipe~I was really pleased. So pleased in fact that I became a follower.
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had something like these and they certainly are delicious...I might have to try making one myself soon...Yum!

    Thanks for linking at Lucky Star Lane!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks yummy.

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life As Lori. Please join me next week for another great party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tacos? Love it! Thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.